Guide to Finding the Best Casino Slot Bonuses in the UK 2020
Playing online slots can be a ton of fun, especially if you manage to strike it lucky by hitting the jackpot or a win which represents a huge multiplier on the price of your spin. One of the most common ways for players to win is by hunting around for the best slots bonuses as this way, you have more funds to play with as well as more chances to win. As a result, slot bonus deals are how casinos entice new and existing users to play more slots and these types of bonuses are constantly changing and evolving to keep up with new games and trends. If you fancy more opportunities to win at slots, then check out this guide to the best slot offers in the UK that you can take advantage of! As always please gamble responsibly whether it is with a bonus or your own funds.
Top UK Casino Sites
Choosing the Best Casino Bonuses for Slots Games
Online casinos offer a number of different types of bonus for slot games. Eligibility will depend on many different factors such as what type of bonus it is and the slot it is offered on, whether you have visited or played at that casino before or used other types of slot promotions they have offered in the past.
Online casino bonuses for slots are far bigger than those offered at traditional land-based casinos and are increasingly popular amongst slot game players. The most common of these is a deposit bonus, which is a standard bonus offered by the majority of online casinos and is only available to new players. Once players make a deposit over a specified value into that casino account, the deposit-based slots bonus will kick in and reward them accordingly. The reward could be free spins, or it could be a deposit match bonus - this where the casino adds the same amount of your deposit to your account for free. At the best online casinos, you will get a mixture of both these types of slots bonuses as part of your welcome offer!
As an alternative to a straight 100% match, they could offer even more than what was originally deposited. For example, if you deposit £100 and take advantage of a 200% welcome bonus, the casino will match your deposit x2, adding £200 to the original £100 which gives you a total of £300 to play with. Deposit bonuses are sometimes staggered to keep players coming back for more slots offers. Players may be offered a 100% match deposit bonus on their first deposit, and then another 50% (or more) on their second or third.
No deposit bonuses are less common but very attractive as they allow you to test games and the casino, for free. With these online slots bonuses, players will be given a free gift before they have even made a payment into their account. Online casinos that offer this type of slots promotion are looking to increase their player numbers and get you to try their products in the hope that you find a new home for playing slots online.
Finding the Deals: Slots Bonus Offers
We are here to inform you of the best deposit bonus for slots available in the UK in 2019! Our job is to look at the small print attached to any slot deposit bonus and inform our readers whether it is worth their time or not. We’re in the business of saving you time and hassle as well by hunting down the best casino bonuses. Our offers list above is your best place to start - we’ve gone through a large volume and selected some of the best UK casino bonuses for you.
We look hard at the terms and conditions to see if the deal holds up to scrutiny. We have a lot of experience with slot sites in the UK and the kind of bonus offers they display. The terms may look agreeable – huge percentage bonuses, stacks of free spins etc – but we examine the wagering requirements (more on those later) and the timeframes required to achieve them to see just how generous the bonus really is. Also, the value of the free spins themselves and the games on which they are offered can have a real impact on the decision you make.
Although this is ‘free cash’ at the end of the day, getting the right bonus from the right online casino is what will make all the difference in your decision about whether to stay with a casino or not. The right bonus also helps to increase your chances to hit that hugely satisfying win.
Types of Slots Bonuses
Online casinos offer different types of bonuses for slots players, including the various types listed below which make up the most commonly used bonus types in the UK.
- New players are mostly likely to receive welcome bonuses- in the form of a matched deposit bonus. This is when you make a deposit of a specific amount and the casino adds an equal amount to your balance. Limits will apply here but it’s always a great way to start your new slot site experience.
- There are two main types of free spins: extra spins you get by depositing or playing and the rarer, no-deposit free spins. You get a number of free spins and you can win like normal- you just might not be able to withdraw those winnings straight away without first having to spin again a few times – known as wagering.
- These are bonus payments (usually in the form of a match bonus) linked to your deposits at an online casino and are usually at their biggest for first-time depositors to a new slots site. The best slots sites will offer bonuses like this on a regular basis to loyal slots customers too. Unlike welcome bonuses, these recurring match bonuses are often themed around seasonal promotions or to try out new games on launch. These bonuses all come with some conditions and usually have wagering requirements attached but the best casino deposit bonuses are generally good value.
- A payment into your account without any deposit on your part- so everyone wants one of these. These bonuses are either cash amounts added to your balance or free spins in the casino. If you are a new player these slots bonuses are usually issued to trial the casino and games and offer limited winnings and withdrawals. If you are a regular customer you may have spins rewarded as a loyalty bonus with much less restrictive wagering requirements in place.
How to Get a Slot Bonus Deal
If you are unfamiliar with how slot promotions work, here is a quick how-to guide to walk you through the most effective way to take advantage of a slot bonus on offer:
- Step 1: Choose a casino | Select from our list above and see which one offers the best bonus to suit your playing needs. Free spins bonuses will be most appealing to those on a smaller bankroll whilst deposit match bonuses give you the freedom to choose the game and price of spin you want to play at.
- Step 2: Open an account. | In order to take advantage of a bonus slots, players will first need to create an account with that online casino, UK regulations require that you use accurate details here so don’t be worried if you have to provide ID etc – this is the law in the UK and all fully licensed casinos must ask for this.
- Step 3: Activate a slot bonus. | Some bonuses, such as no deposit bonuses or free spins, can be activated and ready to use once you have confirmed your new account. Some require a promo code – if you are unsure contact the casino live chat and they should help.
- Step 4: Make a deposit | Most of the biggest bonuses, such as deposit or matched deposit bonuses, require money to be paid into the casino account before the bonus can be used. Players must link their account to a payment method and transfer funds to the online casino.
- Step 5: Start spinning! | Once you have your deposit bonus, start using it to play slots. If you win using the bonus spins or credit and have fulfilled the wagering requirements, you will be able to withdraw the funds, or use them to play more slot games.
Do You Need to Sign Up for a Casino Account to Use a Bonus?
Yes, if you want to be able to claim any winnings. Many casinos offer free online slot games to play, but in order to qualify for any casino bonus that is being offered, players must register and open a new casino account. A bonus can only be applied to a live account and the goal of the casino is to have you as a long-term customer so they do expect you to open an account. Opening a casino account is simple and can be done in a few minutes.
Supply some basic information, link your account to an email address and make a deposit using your preferred payment method. Then you can collect your bonus, start spinning and winning. It is worth setting up an account just to take advantage of the best online casino bonuses in the UK. Note, you need to use your real details when you set up an account- online casinos have specific data collection requirements imposed on them by the gambling regulators. You wouldn’t want to miss out on winnings because you didn’t fill in the account information honestly!
Why You Should Read the Bonus Offer Terms and Conditions
The offer will be attractive, but the conditions should always be looked at! Don’t assume a bonus comes with no strings attached -online slots have rules just like other casino games. The terms and conditions give a clearer picture, and this is where you will find information like:
- What the wagering requirements of any casino bonuses are.
- If a minimum deposit is required to trigger a bonus.
- The maximum bonus amount they are willing to apply.
- How and when any bonus winnings can be withdrawn.
- The maximum amount that can be won from the bonus.
- Timescales for using a bonus.
- Qualifying games the bonus can be used on.
- The max you can bet per spin and the value per spin of any spins added for free.
By law, online casinos in the UK must list the terms and conditions of playing at that casino, including any explanation of bonuses on offer. Make it a habit to read the fine print so that you don’t miss out on a big win by playing outside the rules.
What is a Wagering Requirement?
A wagering requirement is something a player must do in order to be able to withdraw money won from using a bonus. Often you have to spin again with what you win from your spins a certain number of times before you will be allowed to cash out. For example, if a player is given £100 welcome bonus with a 20x wagering requirement, they must bet £2,000 before any winnings from the bonus can be withdrawn. Casinos will list any wagering requirements in their terms and conditions. This sounds like a lot and has led to many asking the question as to whether slots bonuses are worth playing. That argument rages back and forth amongst casino players but, logically the fact casinos have to add wagering requirements to slots bonuses to avoid losing money shows just how many more chances to win are created by playing with a bonus.
Wagering requirements vary not only from one casino to another but also on the individual game you play and the bonus type. Deposit based bonuses for example usually carry much lower wagering requirements than the no deposit bonus for slots do. Given online slots games have a much higher RTP (Return to Player) percentage than land-based slots – often more than 95% - there’s no need to be afraid of wagering if you are playing at a safe site. It’s surprisingly easy to hit and the larger the win the easier it is to meet wagering requirements as you have more funds to play with.
Is There a Limit to How Much You Can Deposit at a Slot Sites?
Yes, most online casinos will have minimum and maximum deposit limits. These typically start low and can be expanded the longer you have been a customer for. The minimum is so the casino can make it worthwhile processing a new account and payment while the maximum protects you from over-spending. The daily maximum deposit can also depend on the method of payment, so debit and credit cards may have a higher maximum deposit limit than e-Wallet accounts. Reputable and safe casinos allow players to impose limits on their individual accounts that will restrict how much they can deposit in any one day, week or month. This is part of a responsible gambling policy to ensure slots play stays fun. The payment methods and limits attached to each one can normally be found in the casino’s help or FAQ section. If you are unsure at any time you can also contact customer support.
Do All Bonuses Require a Promo Code?
No, most slot promotions are activated when specific requirements are met, such as making a deposit, so they don’t need a promo code. Occasionally slot casinos will run promotions with other companies and websites with a code attached to verify players are members of or have visited that third party. If a code is required at any of the sites we recommend it should be clear in the casinos sign up and deposit process. If it isn’t, go to customer support before you begin to play with your funds as it is easiest for them to help you before you begin playing.
Do Slots Sites Have Loyalty Programmes?
Yes. Many, if not all, slot sites offer bonuses and loyalty programs for returning players. New joiners are great, but casinos make the most money from repeat customers. The best slot sites use a variety of loyalty programmes to reward players for repeat business and to keep them playing. These schemes are usually tiered ( bronze, silver, gold etc) and are based around the playing and spending habits of the regular players. The more you play, the more rewards that come your way. VIP programmes are a good example: they include rewards like bonus deals, free spins and hospitality tickets to events.
A sign of a really great slots site is when they learn what types of games their regular players like to play and offer custom bonuses for those games. Even if a slots site doesn’t have the option to do this automatically, once you become a VIP player, then VIP support can usually create custom slots bonuses for you – it never hurts to ask! Also, many of the top slots sites we recommend will run special promotions around events such as Valentines, Xmas and major sporting events with bonuses for slot games which have themes which fit the promotion.